Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Watching Iconic Movies

You know when you finally finish something you've been meaning to do for a long time? It's a little weird when you finally do it after saying you will for so long.

For me?

I finally got to watching one of the most iconic movies ever created.

I watched The Godfather.

It's always weird watching a movie that has been so hyped up by everyone around you. Of course The Godfather has, it's won awards and is known as one of the greatest movies ever created. Also one of the longest. Yes, it was long. Did I like it? Well, it's kind of hard to say how much. Yes, but not as much as I thought I would? That sounds about right.
Everything was good in it- the story, the acting, everything. I think it's just when something is hyped up for so long, the only way it can fill that gigantic void is if it starts shooting money out of the screen and gives you a massage as you're watching it.

Despite all of this negative talk, I did like it. It kept me intrigued the entire time, and all that jazz. (Except maybe about 10 minutes where I thought, "Geez, it's STILL not over?")

Plus I'm a sucker for big Italian families.

Tony! You left the cannoli cream in the oven room!
Have you ever seen The Godfather? What did you think about it?
What's a movie that's been hyped so much your expectations are higher than they should be?

1 comment:

  1. I have NEVER seen the Godfather but reading this post made me realize that really, I probably should get on that. I don't have any good movie-watching examples of changed expectations but I totally know what you mean about something being "good" but not being exactly perfect.

    ReplyDelete