Friday, July 22, 2011

Running Overtime

I keep on thinking it's Saturday, but that's because my schedule today has been a lot like my Saturdays... So now, I'm exhausted. Let me explain.

Yesterday, I ran 8 miles. Normally, I have a rest day and them run a long run on Saturday. Instead, I ran an 18 mile run today. I was so exhausted in the last mile or so I wanted to cry, but I couldn't because that would take more energy.

I feel like I really haven't had a chance to stop for the day until 9 tonight, so I'm probably a tad crabby because I haven't gotten a chance to rest. As soon as I was done, I showered, drove for an hour or so, went to an art show, and... here we are. Guh.

Lesson learned? I don't think I can ever run a long run on a Friday ever again. Also, apparently I can't make weekend plans before Saturday ever again... at least until I'm done training.

When was the last time you decided to do too much at once?

No comments:

Post a Comment