Saturday, July 2, 2011

Summer Days, Sitcom Sisters and Harry Potter Love

Ah, what a wonderful summery day. Fantastic.

Quite a few days have been overcast this summer, but today was one of the great days where you instantly think summer when you step outside.

Of course this led to laying out and reading in the sun. I finished Brave New World, the first of my English Class reading for the summer. Quite a good book, but very sad.

Later in the afternoon I was surprised when my sister walked in the door! The sister dearest has been at her school for summer classes, so she hasn't been around.

My sister and I? We play off each other like classic sitcom-y couples. Chloe is over the top, absurd, and likes to make herself known. I'm the more straight laced, stoic type when we get together. We play off each other, then creating hilarious situations (At least hilarious to us).

Case in point? The Harry Potter magazine cover.

As I've said before, I love Harry Potter. I grew up with HP, and obviously I have my ticket for the midnight showing already. With the undying love for HP plus the crazy fangirling I have for Entertainment Weekly, the fact that the newest issue was a special edition HP issue was fantastic. And it did not disappoint.
My sis is just as a crazy fan of HP and EW as I am, so she was just as excited to see the mag as I was at first. She gleamed with excitement, but she decided to take it just a step further.

"Hannah"
"What?"
"We should frame this."
"...What?"
So now, Harry is framed. We've also decided that it's going to one of those "Where's Harry Been?" things, in which we take picture of places with the pic. Well, we'll see if that turns out.

It's past midnight, but I started this post quite awhile ago... Bah. And long run is tomorrow! Scary.

Who brings out the goofiness in you?

No comments:

Post a Comment