Sunday, July 10, 2011

Town Tours, Bakeries and Summer Days

The morning started with waking up about 8:15, and walking in town to a bakery I had heard about. I didn't know it when I first wanted to go there, but it's only open on Sundays. Today I would finally be able to venture into the bakery.
Well, it turns out that the bakery wasn't open until noon, but we managed to go to a bakery... right next door. I'd been to the one next store, which is cute but kind of eh. Still, it was fun to have bakery breakfast.

Later in the day, we once again decided to walk into town, this time my sister and mom joining for lunch. Walking along to lunch in the warm sun simply screamed summer. It was fantastic.





Before we headed back home, the bakery that I had hoped to visit was finally open, and it was spectacular. The bakery was simply a large room that had all of the ovens in it, making the room quite toasty. On the left wall there was a board with a time when each type of bread would be finished baking. Currently, he had French and Apricot Flax made, Blue Corn was next. I bought a loaf of the Apricot, but before heading out he threw in a baby loaf of the Blue Corn right out of the oven. Fantastic.


The blue corn bread? AMAZING.
I'm a sucker for bakeries. I know it's a "Stuff White People Like" thing, but I can't help myself! I would love to work in a bakery once in my life. I don't know why, I just would love to!
Y'know, despite working and taking summer classes, somehow this summer has felt... more summer-y than usual? Well, you know when you watch movies, and the kids seem to spend summer how everyone thinks you should spend summer? That's how I feel this summer has been.

How do you feel about bakeries? What random type of place do you adore?

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh! Stuff White People Like! You slay me. I swear, I purposefully stay away from bakeries because I just buy, buy, buy. It's all so fresh! It's all so novel! And it's totally a trait that I get from my father...hahahahaha.

    To wit: Right now in our fridge we have: English Muffins, Baguette segments, Whole Grain, Hamburger Buns, Hot Dog Buns and Naan.

    And half of a wedding cake.

    It's kind of a problem

    ReplyDelete