Saturday, July 30, 2011

Stuck in a Running Rut

I'm stuck in a running rut.

It's not that I haven't been running, but a lot of my runs have been giving me difficultly lately. Today for example. Let's just say I felt like I was going to throw up the first five miles, and walking was thrown in between the last couple of miles. Augh. I managed to run 18.5 miles, but I was hoping to get 19 miles in... and not walk. Still, 18.5 miles is pretty cool. It's just frustrating.

I can't get past that 18 mile mark or something. The last three long runs I've had some issues with each one of them. Stressful.

Now, I'm just tired. And that's about it from me. Exciting night.

How do you get past a rut?

1 comment:

  1. That's a hard one. I think runs over 13 miles are so much of a mind game. But I heard somewhere that you do the first 10 with your head and the second 10 with your legs. So, focus on your bottom half instead of what your mind is trying to rationalize. Because let's be serious, running that much is just not sane, you know?

    ReplyDelete