Sunday, July 3, 2011

Spanish Compositions and Dried Fruit

Blah, I dislike Spanish compositions, and I don't think anyone else does either. So we're not going to talk about that. We're going to talk about dried fruit.

Oh yes. We're living on the edge over here.

From the very first time I tried an oatmeal raisin cookie, I knew that baked goods and dried fruit do not mix. Sure, there are many people out there who would disagree with my stance, like my own father. Favorite cookie is oatmeal raisin? What's wrong with him?

Strangely enough, despite my hatred of baked goods with dehydrated fruits I love dried fruit by itself. During the school year when I ate breakfast in Valsets, I would always take a scoop of raisins meant for waffle toppings just to munch on. Not as a garnish, just alone.
My favorite dried fruits are craisins and raisins, just because they're so good to chomp on. However, if I don't measure it out... I could probably take down a whole bag. And dried fruit can be pretty calorie-packed if you eat a lot of it.

...not to mention what cranberries are good for. Ack.

Then why is it when I see a raisin in my cinnamon roll, I'm grossed out? Maybe the softness of baked dough clashes with the... really, what consistency would you call dried fruit? I'm at a loss.

I'm off to the cousins' house, so ta ta!

What is your stance on dried fruit?

1 comment:

  1. Oh lord, it has been so long since I've had to do a French composition - good luck, girl!

    I have to say, I'm an 11/10 fan of dried fruit in all of it's glory. In things, out of things, I'm pleased to see it pretty much anywhere.

    ReplyDelete