Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer Classes and Borders

One more day of Spanish 202! Yes! Three more weeks of Spanish, three more weeks...

Since we're talking about Spanish, I just have to say one thing: It's taking over. It always does the last week of class. (Then again, I'm not really sure I can say that because this is only the second part of a three part program. Still.)
Anywho, as I've said before when my life gets busy, my life gets messy. Random areas in the house are starting to have little piles build up. The bedroom just has things that need to be put away. The car? Terrible. And it's making me feel a little crazy. Still, I just need to concentrate on finishing up this "term", so as soon as I'm done tomorrow... it's time to get organized.

...After my run. And after work. Well, I'm guessing Friday is when organizing will occur.

I managed to stop by Borders today and take a look around. The depressing-ness of the liquidation finally hit home while I was finding a parking space. Giant yellow "Going out of business" banners everywhere...it's sad no matter what type of business it is. It's even more depressing when it's a store you used to spend hours reading and perusing the shelves.

Truth be told, even with sales the books were kind of pricey still. It was only stuff for about 10% off, but I did manage to snag a magazine for 40% off.

I wouldn't spend 5 bucks on a magazine normally, but getting that magazine for $3? Why not. Borders needs some love.
Although after I told my mom that, she replied, "Well what about when they were taking over all of the little businesses before?"
...I still like my Borders.

Have you visited Borders since the liquidation started? How do you feel about Borders?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't visited Borders since the liquidation began. They did ours like...in March or so and I had some girlfriends who made out like thieves with cookbooks and stuff. They waited until the end of the sale though.

    ReplyDelete