Thursday, July 28, 2011

A Personal How To For Restaurant Ordering

Seriously, I always wonder just how time ends up passing me by so quickly every day.

Going out to eat is almost always a nice thing to do. Everyone gets to choose what they want to eat, you don't have to cook, you can have tasty foods you wouldn't make at home... It's a nice little deal. (Especially if you don't have to pay.)

One of the issues that a lot of people have with eating out is knowing what to order. Of course, I'm talking about myself. There are just so many things that look good, you know? I know I'm not the only one who's been in this predicament, but you don't want to hold up the waiter because:
1. It's rude. They have other customers to get to, and you shouldn't waste their time.
2. No one else wants to have the waiter waiting either.

So, here are my tips if you're anything like me!
  • Don't start talking to your group. As soon as you get your menu, start looking for what you want.
  • Go with your gut. Don't go with your second guess, because chances are the first thing that peaked your interest was actually what you wanted.
  • If the waiter comes over and says, "Ready to order?", say no. You won't magically know while everyone else is ordering.
So don't be a staller. I know every time I do, I want to smack myself after the waiter has finally gotten our orders down, and I don't think they want to deal with a crazy person too.

What bad habit do you always fall into at restaurants/other places that are similar? What do you do to fix it?

No comments:

Post a Comment