Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Truffle Shuffle and Touring the Town

I am tired, finally clean after a whole day of  being gross, and have a delightful food baby taking up my stomach. Sure, I still have some homework to finish up, (only a few more questions, don't worry!), I probably ate way too much, and spend more on eating out than I should have, but I have no regrets. I just had a pretty good day.

This last Friday, my mom told me about a 4 mile race happening in Eugene on Sunday. I decided, why not run it? I get a truffle for running it.

Therefore, today I ran the Truffle Shuffle.

There's nothing like running a race to spice up your running routine. As an added bonus, I'm pretty sure I ran at a much faster pace than my usual four mile runs. Sweet. *I just looked online at the results. 34:19!! WHAT?!? That's way faster than usual!

One of the other reasons for my trip down south was to get a look at the college campus down there. I'm considering going down there for many reasons, including fields of study. Luckily, my sister happens to be a student, so she was able to give me a nice little tour.

Exploring the campus down there is a crazy experience. I felt like I was in one of those classes where your mind is crammed full of knowledge, and you're not sure what information to safely store in your noggin.
So the day equated out to= Lots of walking+Lots of driving+A little bit of running. Oh, and eating out twice in one day, which is unusual for me.

And perhaps some extra treats as well.

Now, it's past my desired bedtime, but eh. I'm a college student, I should live.

What's been one of the more interestingly themed sporting events you've participated in? I think Truffle Shuffle is a pretty interesting one!

1 comment:

  1. I ran in a Firefighter 5K once, but otherwise, nothing especially crazy. I would absolutely love to do one of those crazy obstacle courses involving flames and water elements and hills and stuff.

    ReplyDelete