Friday, February 11, 2011

Blissfully Ignorant and Visiting Places of the Past

My biggest problem with blogging is trying to start the post of the day. Once I actually start writing, it's hard to get me to stop!

Today included an impromptu trip back to the good ol' hometown. I needed to get a copy of my high school transcripts and decided that I would put my change into my savings account.

Do you ever have those moments where you're blissfully ignorant of a situation, then as you leave slowly come to a realization? That was me in the bank today. As I tucked away my box of change and five dollars in ones into my savings, the women hands me a flyer. "This is a great tool to use online for saving money on car payments, cell phones, etc..." I cheerfully listened to her, but as she talked I noticed her tone and expression were that of the sympathetic kind. She looked at me like I was someone down on their luck... I bet she thought I was a stripper or something with my bizarre deposit. In case you're wondering, the ones were part of my monthly savings I'm trying to do.

Maybe that wasn't the case, but it sure seemed like it.

Getting my transcript meant walking back into the education institute known as my high school. I was only in there for about two minutes, but it was the strangest feeling. I didn't recognize ANYONE. It's only been a year, yet... Weird.

I suppose that's all I have to talk about for the day. Have a lovely evening!

When was the last time you walked into your high school? What was it like?

No comments:

Post a Comment