Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Rekindling Old Creative Flames

Even though I use my hands everyday to type and to write, I used my hands for something I haven't done in quite a long time. Wandering around the WUC, drawn over by the tunes on my ipod, the piano pulled me in.
All the way into high school, I took piano lessons. Honestly, I could have been really good, but I never practiced. I think it was the mindset of if I had to do it, it wasn't fun. Yet a certain tune that I've been listening to made me ponder: I could probably play this on the piano.
I used the song on my ipod to figure out what the notes were as best I could. Right now, this is how far I've gotten:

A bit rough, but not too shaby! I can't figure out the next note for the left hand right now, but I'll learn it soon enough. I forgot how much I really love playing music! After my work is done for the day tomorrow, I'll be sure to make my way back to a piano again.

As for the rest of the day, it was just another average day. I did end up watching Glee... and then staying out at the television with the group for the next two shows. Whoops.

Good evening to all!

Have you ever played an instrument? What instrument?

1 comment:

  1. I played the violin, the clarinet and the bassoon. There's just something about playing after you haven't for awhile - it's amazing how much your body unconsciously remembers.

    ReplyDelete