Saturday, February 12, 2011

Running Adventures Out of the Ordinary

Right now, I'm using the blogger app on my phone, and I am loving it! Yes, I probably could wait to type it on my computer, but I just downloaded it yesterday and just wanted to try it out.
Before I start sounding more like an advertisement, let's talk about other things.
Now that I'm not officially training for any running event, my runs have become less structured. When training, I would run specific routes since I had to get that certain mileage, but now it doesn't matter as much. With that, my run today was an adventure! I decided to explore the suburban area of the town and beyond. What I discovered was that the farther you live away from main street, the nicer your house looks. I ended up seeing some pretty nice homes. Along with that, the houses were all different! Houses ranged from having a Victorian feel to looking like homes you would see in a sunny state like Arizona.
My run even led me into the country. It was just a great run with everything: hills, twists and turns, country stretches... Fantastic.
Other events for the day included finishing an application for a job (that's truly a feat for me), and swimming around for my little cousin's 3rd birthday.
Bah... Where did all of this rain come from? Oh right, Oregon. Have a lovely evening!

For all of you runners out there: Is your running more structured or more wherever the road takes you?

1 comment:

  1. My regular ones are - I run a loop that involves some hills, a park and a whole lot of sidewalks. But for long, runs, I kind of just pick a route and go for it.

    I just love it when you run and you find something just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete