Friday, February 18, 2011

The Troy Celebrity Situation

The weekend is here! Huzzah!

Okay, y'all already know how I feel about Community, so you know that I've already watched this week's episode. One of the plot points of this episode that stood out to me was from Troy meeting Levar Burton from Reading Rainbow. When he greets Troy, Troy becomes as stiff as a board, eyes bulged out of his skull. Later when see him freaking out in an empty room, crying, "I TOLD PIERCE A THOUSAND TIMES! I NEVER WANTED TO ME LEVAR IN PERSON! I JUST WANTED A PICTURE! YOU CAN'T DISAPPOINT A PICTURE!!"
Reading Rainbooow...

This got me thinking of what I would now like to call the Troy Celebrity Situation. We all have our favorite celebrities, but there are some that you just know you'd be extremely awkward in front of. Sure, I have a kind of a schoolgirl crush on Darren Criss, but I don't think I'd be awkward talking to him. It's not even Colin Firth who would cause me to make a fool out of myself. (Well, I'd like to think not.) The person who would cause my Troy Celebrity Situation would be...

Neil Patrick Harris.

It's true that Neil Patrick Harris is another actor who I enjoy, but that's not the whole reason I would look like an idiot. Here's just some examples of mentally incapable things I might end up spouting:

"My first reference to you was in Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle! I thought that's how you actually acted!" HahaNO.

"The ending of Dr.Horrible's Sing a Long Blog makes me cry every time!" That's just sad.

"For my birthday one year, a friend of mine gave me a shirt saying 'What Would NPH Do?'" ...That's not terrifying at all. (Actually, it was a pretty funny gift. That's what we basically said for everything we did that year. But no.)

You see what I mean? No one wants to creep out one of their favorite celebrities! When I become a superstar and actually end up facing a conversation with NPH, I'll have to figure out what to say. But for now, I'll just have to brainstorm.

Who would be your Troy Celebrity Situation star?

1 comment:

  1. Hehe, probably Johnny Depp or Gerard Butler. They make my heart pound too fast for me to keep my voice steady.

    I LOVE Harris! Firefly was one of my favorite shows. And mad props for knowing Dr. Horrible's Singalong!

    Re the Raw Milk: You can definitely get it in the US...it's just rarer in some parts. Some states require you to pick it up from the farm, or will only sell it at markets. But if you're curious, check out http://www.realmilk.com/where1.html for locations.

    ReplyDelete