Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home is the Temporary Disneyland

As the saying goes, "It's great to be home!"

Hmm... There are some moments where I would beg to differ, if that counts school as home.

I ended up spending most of the day back in my hometown, chilling out with some family members. I was able to get some homework done there, but I knew that I should be getting back to the campus to be ready for tomorrow.

My thoughts were having a battle in my noggin, arguing about leaving like a kid leaving Disneyland Park.

"But I don't WANNA leave!!"
"We can come back later, wouldn't that be nice?"
"NO, I want to stay NOW! Home stinks! I'm never going back!"

The thought of hometown being a vacation baffles me. However, it really makes sense when I think about it. Usually when I'm home, I don't eat the most healthy of things. I don't have to clean up my room, or put away my clothes because I don't have enough to clean. I might not have a worksheet for some homework at the home front. Oh well! But you can't forget worksheets at campus, that's where they live.

The home front may not have princess castles or fireworks, but in my mind was my own Disneyland. Or something.

Vacations are nice in a sense that there's no responsibilities, but they're also nice because they are precious and rare. If there was more time for weekends, we wouldn't appreciate them as much.  I also like to believe I work a lot better on a schedule.

Since we're almost back to the regular week, it's time for me to say ta ta and prepare myself for tomorrow. It's already Week 8 of the quarter! I'm so excited!

What place do you think of as your temporary "Disneyland"?

1 comment:

  1. I don't know that I have a personal Disneyland, but I definitely agree that every visit has a bit of an expiration date!

    ReplyDelete