Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

As we all know, tomorrow is Valentine's Day. As a single gal, I'm kind of stuck. It's not because I hate Valentine's Day, oh no. But that's the problem: Most anything I say about it comes off as a pathetic whine about the greed of the corporations being the only reason for the holiday. Honestly? I love a holiday. Of any kind. I love any excuse to:
  • Make/enjoy treats
  • Get together with people
  • Dress up
Especially the dress up part. I do love a good dressing up!
Usually I want to do something for the holiday like have a party, but I never do. I think my excuse is more valid this year, seeing as I'm still figuring out social circles in this town. (Friendship takes time!) I am going out to din with some folks though! Cheese fondue? Yes please.

It's funny because lately the complaints about Valentine's Day have been coming from couples more often than single people. "Romance shouldn't be a set date." True, but then again should giving to others take place at only one time of the year? No. It happens in December though, whether it's Christmas, Hanukkah or both. Yeah romance should be sporadic, but it's fun to have an excuse for something maybe a little special.

Actually, you know what makes me sad? Not giving Valentines out in class anymore like in Elementary school. That shit was awesome.

Are you doing anything fun for Valentine's Day? What are your opinions on the day?

No comments:

Post a Comment