Saturday, February 18, 2012

Can I Ask You A Favor?...

I can't stand asking for favors. I hate it.

Strangely enough, I don't mind doing favors. Well, I suppose sometimes I don't want to do them, but I'll do them. It's a nice thing to do, and it makes people be more trusting of you. But asking for favors? Not something I enjoy. I don't like to owe people, and I don't like to be needy. I try to be as independent as possible, and when I have to ask favors it kills me.

However, sometimes you just have to ask favors. It might be due to the fact that there's no way you can achieve whatever is it yourself, or just that you need a hand. Owing people isn't something I like. I don't like it hanging over my head, but it happens.

So that's a personal thought for the day! Other than that, not much going on in my life. We did some filming for Duck TV today, but ended up not filming much... It's nice because we didn't have to spend very long on it, but at the same time stinks because we have so much more to get done. C'est la vie.

One thing that's been on my mind is study abroad stuff. I got a new batch of information last night, and went crazy reading forms. Learning more is giving me more questions! For instance, do I want to do a homestay or be in a residence? The website says that homestay is cheaper, but residence is a lot closer to the city. Plus, it seems like it would be easier to get to know people that way. I don't know. Maybe a homestay would be an awesome way to get to know people too, I dunno. I have an appointment with one of the study abroad advisers this Friday, and I already can't wait to talk to him! Anticipation=killing me.

Well, I'm off for the night. Ta.

How do you feel about favors?

2 comments:

  1. I've had some friends who have had great homestays and other friends who have had terrible homestays. I can't wait to hear about what you decide and what your advisor has to say about the experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Kat said! Keep us posted!!! :)

    ReplyDelete