Thursday, February 23, 2012

Spring, Change of Plans and Running After School Specials

I go outside to see the sun shining and I think that spring is just around the corner! Then I look at the weather report and see that it's going to pour this weekend. One can dream, right? Anyways hello everyone, how are ya doin'?

Okay, I didn't go to The Artist like I planned today. I was thinking I'd go at four, but then it would end at about six, when I was supposed to meet with people for dinner... I just didn't want to deal with people stressing out at me for not being there at said time I just... No. Don't want to deal with that crap if I don't have to. I wrote my blog early instead (just posting it later). Saturday it is then. Funny thing is, I actually just got an email from University Film Organization, and there's someone else who wants to go see it. Opportunity!

Today during my run I had a very "after school special" moment. It all started with forgetting my ipod in the car. The one time someone else needed to use it. The one time that I left it on the seat of the car, when I NEVER leave stuff like that on the seat of my car. Anywho, the point is that I had no music to run to.
A strange thing for me to worry about. Honestly, I ran 26.2 miles with only a cellphone and a water bottle in hand. So why am I in such desperate need of music now?

  • It makes me go faster if I'm running to the tempo of an up-beat song
  • It distracts from things like the tired legs that are pushing me
  • It makes the run go faster
How slow was I going to go? Would I want to stop after a minute of running? These were the things that worried me.
You know what though? I ran the four miles. I didn't suffer. I was fine. As for the pace? I had the same pace that I ran my last four miles in, which was a good pace.

That led me to think, "So the power was in me all along?"
That's when the wise parent/guardian/teacher would say, "Why yes little Susie. Yes it was."
Hannah just doesn't fit in that situation, so I'm using the name Susie instead. You get the point.

I still like music though. If the ear buds will stay in my ears and not bother me, I'm fine.

Other than that, not much to say about today. Baked some bread, did classes, did some homework... Yup. Now it's time to clean. My room is getting ridiculous.

I feel like I've asked the music when running question before, so I'll ask this even though it's only Thursday:
Any fun plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment