Sunday, February 26, 2012

Movie Night and Other Thoughts

I am quite tired, but I have things to talk about.

Mainly The Artist. Or, how much I want you to go see The Artist. Seriously, it's fantastic.
I hate to sound pretentious, but the use of sound was simply AMAZING. It certainly was a silent film, but at the same time... it wasn't. Hard to explain, which is why you should go see it. The characters were expressed perfectly, and every element was done brilliantly. Y'know when a movie just makes you feel good? This was one of those movies.
There's also something about Jean Dujardin that is simply delightful. His smile is so... charming. I don't know what it is, but it's just charming.
As a random note, John Goodman pops up in there too. I feel like John Goodman just seems to pop up wherever he likes. Not a diss, just an observation. I mean, he's Sulley and I adore that movie. (Props if you know what I'm talking about.)

As for the rest of life, it's been a relaxing day. A lot of huddling next to the heater. Today I've been feeling freezing all day, and I've been told that means I'm on the way to a cold. I've been fighting off a cold already! Bah. Oh well. Thank goodness no tests are coming up.

This evening I was compared to the actress from Beginners. Hm. I've never gotten that before. I suppose I could look like Melanie Laurent. Yes, I had to look up the name. She was the girl from Inglorious Basterds as well.

After a phone call from me mum, I realized I shouldn't be bothered about the Hao moving out without telling me thing. If he's paying still, it should be fine. Still, I just tend to take it personally. I can't help it! What can you do?

Oscars are tomorrow! Whatever shall I wear? We'll think of something.

What was the last movie you watched that made you feel good/you really liked?

2 comments:

  1. I watched The Help last night and was amazed. It was as good as the book and the characters came to life in the truest of ways. I would tell anyone to watch it in a heartbeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw MoneyBall and LOVED it!! :)

    ReplyDelete