Friday, February 24, 2012

Let's Have a Bit of Warning, Shall We?

Today has certainly been an... interesting day. Not one of the greatest, but I'd rather not complain. Here are just a few things of my day.
The theme of the day seemed to revolve around my need to know things ahead of time. In some situations, that was a good thing. In others... Not so much.

Like for the fact that one of my roommates is moving out for a month. Apparently he's going to pay rent, but... c'mon. We all live in this apartment together. You have to tell me these things! I'd say something if I was moving out for a month! I try with the communication, but that is just too much to not mention. I even asked the other day, "Oh, are you packing up for a trip?", and Hao just said no. Nothing about moving out. It just pisses me off. I'm going to confront them tomorrow about it, but I just didn't have time to talk today. (I was off to class as I found this out, so I didn't have much time to react.)

Okay, NOW I don't want to complain. I'm sorry! It was just something stressful that needed to be removed from my chest. Yes, I worded that as awkwardly as possible.

With liking to be as ahead of schedule as possible, I made sure to make an appointment with the study abroad advisers to ask questions. I've been worried about how my financial aid is going to work, and why I haven't gotten information.
Turns out, I'm WAY ahead of the game. The school doesn't even have all of their financial information figured out. The advisor I talked to today even told me that I was way ahead of the game.
I like it like that. Really, I'd rather know I'm ahead than last minute finding out about something I missed.

In other news, I've already got new goals for next month coming into play. Oh yes. I try to get a bit of a head start on them, but they become official at the beginning of the month. Like dipping your toes into the lake before cannon-balling in. Is today only the 24th? I've been thinking it's the 25th all day. I think I'm ready for March to be here.
Shameful fact: I get excited for the end of the month to come sometimes just so I can reach the end without spending more money for that month. Like if I need to grocery shop, I think, "Just a few more days... I've already spent X amount on groceries this month." Flawed logic? Completely. Let me have this though.

Welp, I'm going to bed and going to try to sleep in as long as possible before going on a run. I have no idea how far to run tomorrow, just because I'm not training for anything. What does my long run become? Perhaps I'll ask my sister to run with me.

Do you need a lot of warning, or are you more of a "on the whim" type person?

1 comment:

  1. I am a planner through and through, so on a whim doesn't really happen...ever? I don't blame you for being upset about the roommate situation - I would be stressed too, even if Hao is going to pay rent.

    ReplyDelete