Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cold is The Word and Slipping Up on Goals

If there was a word for the day, today's word would be cold. I was seriously freezing all day long! Alright, it wasn't that cold today. I simply get cold very easily.

Oregon is a tricky devil when it comes to sunny days. You'll look out the window and think, "Golly! What a gorgeous sunny day! It must be so nice and warm out there." This is never the case. There have been many times where I'll look outside, get excited about the sun then check the temperature to see that it's 34 degrees out there. Not the warm I was looking for. Then there are the other times where it's 52 degrees and pouring, but who wants to go out then?

Whenever I think about places to live, I always imagine living somewhere that's warm all of the time. I wouldn't want to live on the beach though. Sand gets into everything, so I'd never want to get anything done! My mentality seems to be if it gets sandy=it gets messy. Messy is not a good environment to work in, at least in my case. Anyway, the point is I'd like to live in a warm climate that's not a beach.
What about the seasons, you ask? That is one thing that I do love about living in the state I live in. I adore seeing the beautiful golden leaves in the fall. I love the blossoms in the spring. Snow can always be fun, when it comes around. Perhaps I'd hate the warm area, but I'd at least like to try it out.

For now, I'll make like a gecko and attach myself to the walls where a heater is.

Now. My goals. I'm sad to say that I've already broken my eating out goal. The fact is that I gave myself a budget for the one meal: $15. I figured that would get me a little meal and maybe some beverage. Today, I ate out twice and exceeded that amount. Dangit.
The first instance was during DuckTv filming. We were pausing during filming, and everyone needed food. What can you say to this? No, I'll just sit in my car alone while everyone else goes into a food place? I don't know! Seriously, I don't. I could I suppose wait it out, but I'm thinking that waiting eight hours to eat isn't a good idea. I don't function well without food.
The second was because I wanted to be social. I could eat food in my house sadly alone, or I could enjoy time with others out. I chose the latter. I'm already lacking social interaction as it is, I don't want to skip out on any I have offered.

Which brings me to this issue: What things can you do to be social that don't involve money? I've been scanning my mind, and I can't think of anything. At least in the "starting out" phase of friendship. The only thing I've thought of was watching movies at an apartment, but I don't have a functioning TV. So I'm stuck.
The thing that stinks about it the most is that I was planning to save my eating out for V-Day with some APO folks. I still want to go, but... Argh, money is stressful.

My other goals have been okay though. I've been taking calcium. I'm spending less time on the computer, even if I'm not always perfect.

That's all from me. I seem to have so many questions.

Would you rather live with seasons or live somewhere with only one type of weather?

What social activities can you do that don't involve money?

1 comment:

  1. I've totally had that weather-experience up here - this year, it has been more pronounced because sometimes it actually has been warm outside. Ridiculous, right?

    You could always host a potluck/game night?

    ReplyDelete