Friday, February 3, 2012

Economics and Superbowl

I suppose I’m glad that it’s Friday, but really I’d rather it be Saturday evening. Today was just not great.
Okay, only one thing was really that terrible, but it’s put me in quite a bad mood. Let’s just say that I’m terrified of getting a bad grade in Economics because of a quiz today. Old school test anxiety? It has come back with vengeance. Lately none of the information seems to be clicking with me no matter how much I study. I’m just going to have to get a 100% on the midterm, which is multiple choice. I’m better with those I think.
Alright, I’m sorry for the downer! I just had to get that off of my chest.
So Superbowl is coming up this weekend, and I'll be watching it along with my family like many others. For me, Superbowl is all about the commercials. Yes, this is another one of those, "It was better back in the day" things, but who cares? There are still plenty of funny/cute commercials that are shown during the Superbowl, and I adore them.

As for the teams, I don't really care either way. I think I'm more partial towards the Giants, but if they don't win I won't be heartbroken. Plus, the only reason I care about them a tad more is because a guy who went to my high school played for them. I had to check to see if he still was, but now he's playing for the Raiders. Eh. I just remember a few years ago when the Giants were in the Superbowl again, and I was yelling, "That guy went to my high school! That guy went to my high school!" Yup.

Funny thing- when I first found out about a professional football player being from my home town I thought, "Nooo... Now there's even less of a chance of getting famous." Because famous people coming from the same small town is very rare. Because I was very concerned with that at the time. Oh dear.

Tomorrow brings more Duck TV filming. I don't know when I'm getting my run in... but I'll get it in there somewhere.

Are you watching the Superbowl? Who are you rooting for?

1 comment:

  1. Someone told me that the Ravens and the Redskins were in the Super Bowl this year and I believed them. Shows how much I know.

    Also, I totally agree with you about Macs. I still can't believe I have one! I definitely don't want to become a Mac person.

    ReplyDelete