Monday, February 6, 2012

Let's Calm Down

I have a confession.

I seem to have a 40 year old brain trapped in a 20 year old body. No I'm not talking about intelligence, I'm talking about neurosis. I'm extremely neurotic, and constantly stressing out about things that frankly, shouldn't worry me as much as they do. I don't know why I'm so neurotic, because no one else in my family is. I do though.

The last few days all of my stressors have been affecting the others, building up inside. School, finances, social life, healthy habits... Unfortunately, everything has been feeling like I'm bombing it, causing a collapse. It always feels like as soon as I make one goal, five things pop up against that goal. Like the money thing.

I pretty much just broke down in front of my mom earlier this evening, and she basically replied with this:
"For crying out loud, you're twenty years old. Live in the moment!"

That got me thinking: I seriously don't act like a twenty year old. I constantly am looking to get eight hours of sleep. I monitor my diet, trying to get my fruits and veggies in. I hoard money like it's going out of style. It's a bit ridiculous.
Now, there's nothing wrong with being responsible. I'm just over-thinking everything. Per usual.

Time to calm the freak down.
Speaking of things popping up to block my goals, my cousin and aunt have decided that I should have a Pinterest today. That's... not good for someone trying to spend LESS time on the computer. Goodness.

Are you a worrywart? Or do you go with the flow?

2 comments:

  1. I get worked up into a tizzy sometimes about being "particular" about control. Sometimes it even manifests into anxiety. I TOTALLY know how you feel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've been a 40-50 year old woman for most of my natural life.

    My vote for you is to pick a few days/hours/situations where you're going to be impulsive and enjoy/live in the moment. Say Yes to opportunities even if they seem impractical.

    ReplyDelete