Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Oscars are Coming

Kat, do you mean these? Oh yes, the internet has them. Think of any baked good, and the internet seems to have it. Or a version of any food with bacon incorporated into it.

The Oscars are coming up, and I am ashamed to say that I've hardly seen any of the movies.
Let's see... out of the nine nominated films, I have seen... three. Three freakin' picks. Are you kidding me?

I suppose part of the reason I haven't seen many of them is due to the fact that I've been cutting down on my entertainment budget. Trading movies for groceries, aw yeah.

The only reason it disappoints me is because I claim to love movies. Someone who claims to love movies should actually be going to see movies. Whadda fraud.

There is one movie that I vow to see before the Oscars, and that's The Artist. From all of the talk to the crazy concept of it (A silent movie made in 2011?), I've wanted to see this movie so bad. It just looks fun! It also helps that SNL did a spoof on it, and the star of the movie actually made a cameo. I dig actors who pop up on SNL, or anyone for that matter.

So I've made a vow: I will go see The Artist on Thursday. My problem is that I always wait to go see movies with other people. Yeah, I guess that's not really a problem but if you want to see something sometimes you just have to go by yourself. My mom and sister both live by this rule, and because of it my sis has seen six of the nominated films. At least that I know of anyways.

There are other movies that I'd like to see, like Albert Nobbs and Drive. Glenn Close looks like she does a really good job in Albert Nobbs. As for Drive, I just like to watch Ryan Gosling be awesome.

Out of the noms, I've seen The Help, Moneyball and Midnight in Paris. The Help was good, but not oscar worthy in my opinion. Sure, it was entertaining, but not that amazing to get the gold. Moneyball definitely was an excellent movie, it just wasn't my kind of movie. Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill were great, but... just not my movie. Midnight in Paris was candy for the soul. Oh, the sights were so pretty, the fantasy of it all was magical... You hated to go back to the reality where Rachel McAdams was a bitch, but then you'd go back to the Roarin' Twenties and everything was wonderful again. Is it Best Picture worthy? Probaly not, but I throughly enjoyed it. So much eye candy.

Oh Oscars, how I enjoy you. Now I just have to figure out where I'm going to watch them. Hm.

Do you watch the Oscars? Have you watched any of the nominated movies? What ones have you enjoyed?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how much do I love you, lady?! I definitely bookmarked that page!

    See also: having nothing to do with the Oscars, COMMUNITY IS BACK. When I heard that news, you were the first person I thought of. Six Seasons + A Movie, here we come!

    ReplyDelete