Friday, December 2, 2011

Ugly Sweaters and White Elephant Gifts

As usual, December 1st is when I finally start getting into the Christmas spirit. Play your Christmas music to me now, because then it won't get old too early. Christmas movies? I shall get into watching you now. Well once finals are over. Whatever.
Anywho, as the holiday celebrations have begun, that mean holiday parties are happening too! I happened to go to my first of the season, the Chrismahanakwanzakah party help by the APO fellowship chair. Pretty much ugly sweaters and white elephant.

I didn't win ugliest sweater, but I think I had a pretty spiffy one.

Sadly enough, this is one of my mom's old sweaters. It's just... the colors. No.

I've never really done a White Elephant before, but I've heard that you're supposed to get simply ridiculous gifts. That meant perusing the RV Garage. Where junk goes to live. I managed to grab a Harlequin romance novel courtesy of my mom, and an old beanie baby shark. It was bizarre, and delightful. Hell, I didn't even read what the book was about but when the person who got it did... it was ridiculous.

My gift? A reversible sweatshirt thing. Huh. All I know is that I have to wash it, but it actually could be nice to wear for lazy day wear. Maybe.

Oh goodness, I need to go to bed. Excited that tomorrow is Friday, but that means finals are that much closer. Ew.

Have you ever been to a White Elephant? What's a ridiculous gift that you've received?

No comments:

Post a Comment