Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let's Restart

Earlier, I had ideas on what to write about. However now as I sit at the computer, nothing comes to mind. Perhaps because I started The Hunger Games a couple of hours ago, and it's sucked me in like every other person that has read it. Hell, I'm already halfway done.

Seeing as the holidays are over, it's time for a restart. I honestly think that if New Year's wasn't right after Christmas, a lot of people would be a lot heavier even though most resolutions don't end up being followed through with. Wow, that's a long sentence.

Still, I think I'd like to get a move on with at least a few certain goals now. Waiting is just wasting time for getting things done. Therefore, here are some little goals that I would like to work on. They're not quite concrete yet, but I'd like to have a basic idea.
  • Get back to my "before the holidays" weight. I'll admit it: I was not good this holiday season in accordance to food. Funny thing is, that I didn't have any problems until the week and a half before Christmas. Another thing is when you're smaller, it takes less food to help you gain weight. That's why people who originally start losing weight can eat so much, but y'all probably already knew that. And running? Only gets you so far. I have been running this entire break, and it doesn't do as much as you'd think sometimes.
  • Get my sleeping pattern back to normal. This break, I've been mean to my normal schedule and been waking up late. True, I'm not over-sleeping, (I'm getting eight hours) but nine? Is too late for me. I want my 7:00AM back please!
  • Use my punch card at the rec center to take exercise classes. I've been bad about using it, and I spent money on it! I don't want to end the year with any classes left.
I'm sure I'll think of more things I'd like to work on, but for now those are the basics. Now it's time for me to get back to The Hunger Games. Starting it in the evening was a bad idea.

What are your main goals for the future?

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I read mainly in bed, so when I start a new book I end up staying up wayyyy too late so I can get to the good part. Are you liking the Hunger Games so far? I've heard so many good things about it. I originally wasn't interested because I thought it would be like Twilight (which, admittedly, I haven't read but don't seem like my cup of tea) but my children's lit professor was crazy about the Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running is at best, a neutralizer over the holidays. But I can say with a clear conscience that the caramel-covered puff corn was totally worth it.

    I'm not quite sure what all of my goals are, but I do know that this week was about getting my body back on track in a big way.

    ReplyDelete