Saturday, December 31, 2011

Another Day, Another Year

It's the last day of 2011 and all I really want to talk about are books. Mainly, how both impressed and envious I am of writers. Also, seeing as I'm not a writer like the type of writers I'm going to mention, I know I won't say this with as much eloquence as I'd like.

The reason why I'm envious of writers is due to their ability to create emotion. Create whatever worlds you wish, what creatures you prefer. Yes, these things are valuable skills. However, I only mostly care about when... well, I suppose when writers make me care. Perhaps I get too involved with the characters in stories, but maybe it's just good writing. When a certain character is tortured, if the writer does their thing right readers will care. This goes for television as well. The humorous quips, the intellectual speeches. True, it's helped a great deal by good actors, but a lot of it comes down to good writing.

Yeah. I wish I was able to create fictional characters that people I don't even know would come to care about. Sounds crazy? Probably is, but think about how people like J.K. Rowling must feel about hoards of strangers caring about the moves of fictional people from her head.

Anyways, a new year is coming up, huh? I've hardly registered it. Honestly, it's starting to feel like just another day. Due to the fact that one of my friends just flaked out on me, it seems I'm going to go spend the New Year with some family. I really wanted to go out on the town, but I'm not going out alone. What can you do?

Resolutions... still working on solid ones. Hmm. Welp, I'll see all y'all new year! Unless you're already reading this in 2012. Whateve.

What are your thoughts for the new year?

No comments:

Post a Comment