Friday, December 23, 2011

Time for Some Holiday Cooking

Christmas eve Eve? I can dig it.

For the holidays, it always seems like there are a million things to do the day before. Then you wonder to yourself: why didn't we do this all before?

And it's a valid point. The only problem with that tends to be the fact that usually it's food prep that needs to be done. Food prep sometimes can't be done much sooner than the day before though.

Despite being stressful, making food for the holidays is some of the most fun food to make. Why is that? Here are my reasons:

All of the food is food you wouldn't usually make, so it's fun to cook with a lot of butter/ fun desserts.

Sure, it's stressful, but you also don't have to worry about work in the moment.

Busy kitchens full of family and friends =fun.

Then again, I'm typically only in the dessert area when it comes to holiday cooking. Stick to what you know I suppose.

Anywho, busy day tomorrow! Getting excited but nervous about getting everything done.

What's your favorite time to cook and why?

1 comment:

  1. I love Christmas Eve eve. It's so festive, but without any of the pressure. 11/10.

    Apparently I'm a morning baker? I'm actually just about to action a batch of cookies.

    ReplyDelete