Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Random Thoughts and Goals for December

Before we get started, I'm just gonna toss out a few things on my mind.
  • I'm getting an allergy test tomorrow, to see if it's true that I can't have shrimp. I hope it's not. I love shrimp, I don't want it to hurt me.
  • For the last two days, I've had the lyrics "An elephant never forgets, so my dick remembers everything" stuck in my head. Yeah. I like the song "Freaks and Geeks" by Childish Gambino, although all I can think is, "Silly Troy, why are you rapping?"
  • I got accepted to be a member of APO! Yah! I did all of the stuff, so it was kind of expected but still. Huzzah!
  • Why is it that I can't bake small things? I always burn the bottoms. I never have this problem with loaves. Sure, the rest of it is fine but burnt bottoms are never fun. I ended up scraping off the bottoms of some Chocolate chip scones so they're acceptable to give away.
  • It's my mother's birthday! Happy birthday mom, love ya! Thanks for raising me to be mostly normal.
  • This week has been Dead Week, and it's actually been surprisingly dead for me. I have a paper to edit for Friday but other than that... classes have been reviewing stuff. I know that a lot of the people are doing projects this week, but I also think that they have less to do during finals week. I do have three finals...
Are we good? We're good. Anywho, what I wanted to talk about today are goals. I see bloggers always posting their goals, and it seems like a good way to stay on track. They say that it takes 21 days to form a habit. Or is it 28? Whatever. All I'm saying is that it's time I make monthly goals.
I'll admit, I actually did have a goal for November, and I stuck to it pretty well. It was:
  • Eat 2 servings of fruits and 2.5 servings of veggies
  • Only one serving of cooked veggies a day
  • Only one dried fruit for a fruit serving per day
Other than Thanksgiving where everyone has plates of tan and white, I did quite well on this! I ate salad, and I even got back into grapes! I used to not like grapes because I'd always grab the bunch with the gross squishy ones. It tainted my memory of grapes.

Now that we're starting December (!) it's time to work on a new goal. I actually have two things to work on this month. First, is to track my computer time and cut way back. I've talked about my obsession with the computer, and it's horrendous. The thing is, I never actually see how much time I spend on it. I think if I track computer use, it'll make me want to spend less time on it because of all of the shame I will feel.

My other goal is to not spend money on soda or gum. Now, this is kind of cheap since I'm going to probably spend a good chunk of time at my parents' house (which is always stocked with some sort of diet soda). However, I'll push this through January as well. Gum and soda? I should not waste money on you. Even if you are delicious. The biggest problem I have with this though is that I like having some sort of flavor in my mouth at all times. Yeah, that sounds dirty. Due to this, I tend to munch more when I don't have something occupying my taste buds with zero calories. Guh.

I think it'll be good just to have two goals per month, because it's easier to work your way up. At least that's what I'm hoping will happen.

I don't want to go to classes anymore. I want it to be winter break now. Can we arrange that, with me still getting good grades in my classes? No? Boo.

Do you have any goals for December?

2 comments:

  1. I think those are great goals! Good job on wrapping up the fruit one :)

    I can't decide (Beyond the 25 by 25 and the shopping hiatus) whether or not I really need to set more goals or not. Time shall tell, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I burn everything too! Pie crusts, cookies, bread... especially cookies. I pretty much hate baking cookies for that reason :(

    I need to watch my computer time too! I have the internet on my phone and I stay up way too late reading blogs on it when I should be sleeping. I need to cut off the electronics as early as possible!

    ReplyDelete