Monday, December 5, 2011

Feeling Finals

Let's just move on from yesterday's post, shall we? Because that junk was ridiculous.

Currently, I'm in study zone for my first final that is happening tomorrow at 3:15 PM. Personally, I like morning tests the best. That way, you're not thinking about it all day, and you're fresh. If you get sleep that is.

Although for tomorrow? Sort of glad it's in the afternoon. The fact is, I'm nervous about this test. I've been able to answer all of my flashcards, but still... I don't feel that great about it.

I thought I did pretty well on the midterm for this class, but then I did less than great. Well, not as well as I thought I could have gotten. Meh.

Funny how our perception of how we did on a test can be completely different from how we actually do. For myself, when I feel good about my test I do badly. When I feel terrible about a test... I do even worse. Or surprisingly good.
Yeah, this isn't true all of the time, but this is how I instantly think about these things now.

Test... I am not excited for you. That's all I have to say.

How does your perception of how you did on a test actually affect the outcome?

1 comment:

  1. I'm terrible at gauging test performance, I've guessed 100% right and 100% the opposite and there's really no method to the madness. I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

    ReplyDelete