Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Text Savvy

Goodness, every time I start writing something, I instantly delete it. Guess I'm not in the writing mindset? Well, let's try this anyway.

I am part of what's called a "technological generation". Apparently, our generation is supposed to know all about tech, be using it constantly, and be up to date on everything every second. As I've said before, I am not tech savvy. Sure, there are things that I find to be simple knowledge with tech that trouble older generations, but for many things I'm not sure I fit the mold quite well.

Part of my lack of tech savvy-ness? Texting.

One of the things that we're supposed to know how to do and be doing it constantly is texting. Of course I know how to text, but I don't do it as often as the rest of my age group seems to. A habit I have is to read a text and forget it.
Maybe this isn't just me. Maybe a lot of people are like this. However, from everyone else my age I've seen they're texting ten times as much as me.

Oh, also I don't abbreviate on texts. I write full sentences 90% of the time. What, am I trying to send an email? I don't know. Eh.

Yup. I really am having some writer's block, can't you tell? Well, tomorrow I'll have stuff to talk about. We're baking cookies! (Meaning me and some friends.)

Are you text savvy?

2 comments:

  1. I text, but I very much prefer to tweet or e-mail, depending on the day. Texting is just...a hassle, really.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really only text my sister- I just don't get people that need to constantly stay in touch for no reasons. I would have nothing to say to my friends all day, every day! That being said, when I do text, I always use complete sentences and proper punctuation and the like. I can't stand 'text speak'!

    ReplyDelete