Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Time for Recuperation

And we're back.

I thought a post would be in the works for yesterday (or two days ago technically), but honestly? It wasn't going to be able to happen. It was just busy.

Did everyone have a good Christmas? I certainly did. I'm also still trying to recuperate. Not sure if I'm truly in that phase yet. The day started out on a bit of an odd note, due to the fact that I woke up in the middle of the night before waking up again at 7:00 AM to start baking some rolls. Usually every year before, my family has gone straight to the presents on Christmas morning, but we didn't get to them until about an hour later. Ah, we're getting old in this house. Sort of.

The haul was good, the food was aplenty, and there was much family time to be had. We had Christmas "dinner" at our house, so a lot of family came over. (I say "dinner", because when it's at 2:00 PM, it doesn't really seem to be dinner.)

As for the gifts, I think all of our family members did well on getting things for each other. My sister got me some of the coolest things, making me feel like a foodie type. That includes some bacon chocolate, and adorable tablespoon/teaspoon measuring spoons.

Now, I have no idea why I'm up so late, but it's time for me to go to bed. We can chat more later.

How were your holidays?

2 comments:

  1. Our holidays were wonderful and yes, we're still recovering too. I hope you LOVE the new measuring spoons. Nice ones are truly so much more fun to cook with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it weird that I love cute measuring spoons? My aunt gave out silver heart-shaped ones as wedding favors and I love them so much. I've also seen really cute ones at Anthropologie, but there's no way in hell I would pay that kind of money for them!

    ReplyDelete