Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Scantron Situation

Have you ever had that nightmare where you get to a test, and even though you got everything you needed, something big is missing? Well let me tell you a little story...

As I mentioned yesterday, I was anticipating an exam today. I knew everything that was needed. I made sure I had my number 2 pencil. I even made sure that I had the right type of scan tron sheet.

I arrive early to the exam, and get ready Pencil... wait. Where's my folder with my scan trons? That I always have in my backpack, and never take out? Not here, apparently.

This leads me to dash over to the bookstore, where I know they have some. As I tear through my bag, I discover my wallet's not in there. I had just taken it out to write down my payment for rent. And not put it back. For some reason.

I ended up having to run back to my apartment, grabbing the folder, and dashing off. But not before having the key get stuck in the lock (this is a usual thing) and having to yank it out, causing the key ring to slingshot back at me. This comes back later.

I finally managed to get back with everything for the exam, and even before they had handed out the exams to a third of the hall. All is well. Alas, to add to the bizarre-ness of nightmare situations, I look over and my right hand is covered in blood. Apparently the key-ring sliced open the knuckle on my finger.

A bit of the blood was still there after I wiped it off. Ew.
 Thankfully, everything turned out. I did look like I was going to pass out at one point though. I think I did pretty well on the exam, oddly enough. We'll see.

I told this tale to my sister to which she sneered, "That's why you check your bag again. God."

The thing is, I am that person who checks over everything a million times. I had that folder in my backpack all morning, and have no idea why it was out. I never take it out. I check my school email multiple times for events, just to make sure. I always know how much money I have in my bank account, and write down every purchase I make including ones with cash. I even have a list of things to have in my backpack. I'm not an irresponsible person! I swear! Hell, my sister has even been the one to tell me to loosen up of my Type A ways.

I think I'm just losing it. Plain and simple. I'm getting to the point where I'm stressed out so I'll just shut down. It's not a good thing. I shouldn't be so stressed, but I am! I hate this unorganized mind I have going on. I just want to be my usual self.

For now, I need to get on some homework, but I'll see y'all later.

Have you ever had a "nightmare" situation in real life?

1 comment:

  1. I think my most recent real-life nightmare is when I left the faucet on while Marcus and I ran some errands. Nothing flooded, but it was SO mortifying.

    ReplyDelete