Sunday, November 20, 2011

Game Day

It's another installment of Life as a Duck, because today was a special day. Today was Game Day.

At the U of O, it's pretty hard to get student tickets because they sell out very quickly. However this week? This week I had a ticket. I was ready to go to my first Duck game. Aw yeah.

Game day on colleges are usually all very similar, if you go to a school that's pretty big. People will be walking everywhere across town hours before the game, and plenty of these people aren't even students. Isn't this what always happens? Anywho, so traffic of course is not something you want to deal with. Students walking everywhere, and crazy fans in cars? It's madness out there, and half the time people are getting drunk to go watch the game at a house anyways.

Getting to the arena, and right before the game is the actual most exciting part. People are walking in droves, everyone is excited... It helps that our team is good. The energy that flows through the whole stadium is addicting.

As for the noise? Well, recently I read that U of O stadium is the second loudest college football stadium in the country. They were only beat by a school that caused a mini quake because of their noise. If you ever somehow end up watching a game with UofO, just listen. You can hear them.

Lately, our team has been very good, and it's almost expect that we're going to win. Tonight's game though... oof. Sure, it was close near the end, but we did not play well. So many dropped balls... Oye.

I apologize if I seem a tad incoherent, it's just I'm very tired. Truth be told, as soon as I got back into my apartment tonight, I knew I wasn't going anywhere. Don't worry, I was glad. I'm surprised I'm not asleep now... which is what I'll probably go do now. Goodnight.

Are you a big football fan?

1 comment:

  1. I cheered for football in high school. Even though I don't follow a specific team anymore, I'm more than happy to watch a game.

    ReplyDelete