Thursday, November 10, 2011

Voices in my Head

Oh goodness. Do you ever have a day that's just weird? Schedule wise? Mine certainly was. It started off extremely relaxed, believing I would have more time in the evening. That, due to events beyond my control, did not happen. And that's all I have to say about that.

One thing that I did plan on doing today was my long run for the week, when I usually run it on Saturday. However, because I'm not going to have much time for running this Saturday, I thought I would get it done today.
The run was 8 miles, and I was definitely psyching myself out before it. "I never do a long run during the middle of the week" I whined to myself. Then, I had a realization. This summer, I would eat my lunch while driving, get to work, run 8 miles, and be at work all sweaty. I've run 8 miles plenty of times on Thursday. So I slapped my subconscious silly and went on my run. The run wasn't so bad either! (I did have some stomach pain though. Ugh.)

This may sound a little weird, but for a lot of things I have two voices in my head: The complaining voice and the common sense voice. Other time that something like this happened was when I was looking in the mirror.
"I'm fat," the complaining voice said.
"Your weight is perfectly fine, it's in a good range," the common sense voice replied. "Your problem is that you're not toned, and that's what you're comparing yourself to. If you actually followed along with a good strength training program, maybe you could fix that."

Ouch common sense voice! Still, she's got a voice. Wait, she? This is all just my own thoughts, but I don't know what the right pronoun is.

Anywho, those are my thoughts. I have to do a little studying... I wish I had my flashcards earlier!

When was the last time you slapped your subconscious because of a ridiculous thought?

No comments:

Post a Comment