Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Wish Lists are Boring

I'm procrastinating getting in the shower. What is going on? I used to love showers. I suppose that's what happens when you have to fight against the clock for a warm shower. Goodness.

As we are getting closer and closer to the holiday season, it's around this time that we start asking the people around us, "What do you want for Christmas/Hanukkah/WhateverDecemberholidayyoucelebratethatyouhavetoshopfor?" Let's face it, you're getting/giving gifts in December no matter what you celebrate. It's just how the world works now.

The thing is, there are phases of gift-receiving that we all go through. The biggest and main one comes when we're kids. When we're kids, we want EVERYTHING. Our lists are a mile long, or really expensive. Either way, the more gifts mean the more exciting your morning is going to be. Then there's the phase that I'm currently in. It's called, "I don't really want any gifts, because I would rather have money so I'm not broke." This phase isn't fun for anyone. This phase may also mix with the "practical gift phase", because at this point that's what we need. Toys are a waste of money and space. We adults do not need trinkets, they are useless. (I keep on wanting to call myself a teenager lately. Good lord, I'm twenty. How did that happen?)

I admit, there's nothing I really need but that's not the main reason I've said, "I don't need anything for Christmas just money." The biggest reason I've been asking for money is because of the (hopefully) studying abroad. The last few days all I've done is apply for scholarships and jobs, but I like easy gift money.
On the other hand, I've been thinking about gifts lately. I realized that yes, there are a few things that I actually would like. I'm only reluctant to ask, because I'd rather have cash. Eh. Yes, I know that wish lists make for obnoxious posts, but I'm going to do it anyways. Anywho, I present to you my Christmas Wish List.

Source
1. Microsoft Office
Did I say fun gifts? Because I meant gifts that I need. Yes, my computer doesn't have Microsoft Word. It's got some default program that comes on the computer. Did you know that Microsoft Office doesn't come with all computers? I certainly did not when I got my computer as a graduation gift. I've been able to handle documents just fine without it, but it's annoying, and files don't send right. I just would like to be with modern times.

Source

2. Cellphone GPS holder
Don't worry, I have some fun holiday wishes but in reality I want this. I get lost all of the time, so I use the GPS on my phone. It's useful, but I have to look at the phone in my lap for directions. Not so useful. I saw that my aunt has one of these, and they seem really awesome.

3. Community Season 1
For all of my Community praise, I have to admit I haven't seen all of the first season. This was at a time when I didn't know what a Hulu was (Now my terrible addiction), so I always missed it when it was on. I only started watching it online when I saw the 1st paintball episode.Usually, I'm a watch an episode only once type of girl and then I'm done, but Community is one of those shows where I can watch certain ones a few times. Like the zombie Halloween episode. Arrested Development falls into this category as well.

4.Itunes
Itunes are boring. But I want music. Mainly The Lonely Island. Apparently all I listen to is fake rap.

That's my list. Like I said, older kids? Boring lists. I've always sucked to shop for, in case you're wondering.

What's on your Holiday Wish List?

2 comments:

  1. Do you use PC? I think I can mail you Office. I got it for free. MERRY CHRISTMAS.

    Also, I love fake rap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're definitely still in that phase where nothing is surprising because we can basically buy whatever we want when we want it. That being said, I just ordered a couple of running jackets and some gloves today, so if someone wanted to "give" those to me or the odd cookbook, that would be just fine in my book.

    ReplyDelete