Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Kid of the Group

Welp, I'm back home working on homework that is due tomorrow. And, no, you don't have to ask me why I wasn't working on it in the car today. The reason for that is because I didn't have Internet, and that's all that I needed for the assignment. Yes, not a smart move on my part, but I wasn't expecting to get home on Sunday evening. What can you do?

As for my cousin, she's doing good. She had a slight concussion, and just needs to take the week off. She's going to have killer bruises on her face from getting smacked in the nose though. Ouch. Last night happened to be pretty stressful because it took so long to find out anything. We were in there for two hours before they finally scanned her head. What was going on for those two hours?

My original thought process was that this would be a relaxing weekend. Just a weekend to chill, not worry, all of that. The thing is, I didn't think about who I'd be riding with. My company were three... older ladies? I don't really like putting my mom in that category. Still that's what we've got.

Normally, a group like this is fine, if they're mixed with other groups. But when it's just an older squad and your 20 year old self?... Be prepared for two days of being told you're constantly wrong, and feeling like you're being treated like a child. At least that's how it felt for me. Almost every comment was, "No, that's not right" towards me. Or "No, you didn't." Or maybe some variation of Hannah doing something wrong.The other half of the time, it seemed to be that whatever I said wasn't heard, or was just ignored. Basically, I just felt like I was being treated like a little kid. I bet that's how I'm viewed, just because that's how we tend to view some people we know. There are cousins that I have that I have a hard time imagining them as anything older than 5. It's just not a fun seat to be thrown in.
This might make me sound like even more of a kid, I know. Still, I just want to feel like I'm actually... respected? I'm not sure what I'm trying to say, but I think respected is the closest word to what I want to say. And I'll admit, I didn't handle it the best way I could have but when it comes to a boiling point, you tend to snap.

On the other hand, it was good I went up I suppose. I was extra support when she needed it, even if she probably didn't. Plus, I got to see a real life Oscar. That was cool.
It was at Gonzaga, because Bing Crosby has a big memorial thing there. Including his Oscar. Yeah.

Well, I've got to get back to this assignment. It might be a late night, just due to the fact that I have no idea where to find information on the female menstrual system. Yeah, that's my homework. Not a fan of Human Physiology.

Does feeling like you're the little kid in a group ever go away? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment