Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thinking About Traveling

Ah... as soon as I slow down, it's the end of the weekend! What is this?

I may have briefly said that I've made a big decision, and that's true. I have, but I have to make sure that it all works out. You see, I've found a study abroad program and I'm applying for it. As in, already started the application, trying to get references, typing up essays way of applying for it. I have less than two weeks to get all of that information together. What on earth was I thinking?

Well, all of last week was freaking out about if my schedule would allow me to even study abroad like I planned. Once I calmed the eff down, I was able to figure out that yeah, this could work.

The other thing I realized is that I need to actually do something, not just talk about it. I mean, I've been talking about it forever, and I've been looking at programs since I started college. I've gone to every type of event that talks about study abroad, and I've researched the programs. I've learned pretty much all that I can about it, so it's time to actually take the next step. The sooner I get an application done, the sooner I can apply for scholarships. And yes, I'm going to need scholarships. Hoo boy.

Now all I need is to finish the application, and wait. The other part that comes with this is looking for a job. Adding up all of the money that I have plus financial aid, I still need to earn about $6,000. That's a lot. That's why I need to earn some money.

Other than that, I've been rushing from place to place since Thursday, so it was nice to actually calm down and stay at my house for a bit. I'm not the type that likes to be go go go all of the time, it wears me out! Besides, I'm going to have another go go go day tomorrow. Thank goodness it's almost Thanksgiving break!

What was the last big decision you made? Did you think about it for a long time, or did you instantly jump on board?

1 comment:

  1. I love it lady! Study abroad would be such an amazing experience. I always wish that I had done it in college, but between the sorority and my job at the campus paper, I just couldn't make it work.

    ReplyDelete