Monday, November 21, 2011

An Unexpected Trip Back

Here I am, officially home for the holidays!

Ha, well actually I'm not quite done yet. Still, I am currently sitting back in my bed at my parent's house (still my house, I'd like to say) typing this up. Then I'm going back down to school tomorrow morning... only to be back up here Wednesday. What is this madness? Let me explain.

In part of my "getting things together for study abroad" ventures, I needed to get a letter of recommendation from one of my professors at Western. Now, I like asking people for things in person much better than email so I decided that it would be a good idea to drive up to Western, the first time since I'd finished this summer. Her only office hours that I could go to were today. Besides, I was hoping I would be able to run into some friends while on my impromptu visit.
Good thing I did too, because I was able to get a transcript (also needed for the application) while I was over there. The transcript system online? Not good. Another example of liking to do things in person rather than online.

It's funny- even though I've missed WOU, I hadn't missed it as much until I stopped by again. A wave of memories flooded back into my mind, and I saw fun little things that I missed about it. One example was the giant versions of things project that the art students do. They make giant versions of whatever, and the projects decorate the lawn. My favorite that I saw this time was a giant electrical plug!

One of the craziest things I noticed? So many things are different! Alright, not so many things, but mainly the WUC! There's a whole other attachment added to it, and it feels weird!

Before I left, I was able to see one of my friends that goes there. She's as adorable as ever, which may sound weird since she towers over me. But she's just so innocent! Apparently everyone is really busy this year, including her many hours spent in the studio. I guess that makes sense, since most of the people I know over at WOU are upperclassmen. Then again, I've had a kind of busy term. What's the deal with this year? Eh.

By the time I was able to get my recommendation, it was already dark and pouring. Blergh. Not something I really wanted to drive 1.5 hours in. So I decided to just head back to my hometown and stay for the night. It works out nicely due to the fact that my earliest class is at noon tomorrow. Yes...
The only downside? I'm totally going to be pulling a "wear the clothes from the night before look", which sends out a good message.
I wish I had brought running clothes. My parents have a new treadmill, and it would be really nice to do my run indoors for once. Oh well.

I keep on having other ideas about what to write about, but instead lately I've been just talking about what's going on in my life... What a concept, a blog talking about what's going on in said blogger's life! Yeah, I don't know what I'm saying half of the time either.

Definitely feels like I'm on vacation... but still should go to bed before midnight, so I can wake up at nine. Yup.

Where was the last "place of your past" that you visited? How had things changed? Stayed the same?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been back to my sorority house in about two years, I can only imagine how that is going to feel! It was such a home away from home!

    ReplyDelete