Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Four Types of Classes That You Will Take in School

Now that I've been in school for more than 13 years of my life, I think it's pretty safe to say I know the basics of what classes are like. With this, there are always certain types of classes that you are going to end up with, no matter what. I'm not talking about math or reading though. This isn't based on what the classes are about necessarily, but how they affect a person. Seeing as I love Cracked, and the "5 types of blank" videos that College Humor has, I'm here to present you with:

The Four Types of Classes That You Will Take in School

4. The Class You Knew You Were Going To Hate Before You Took It... Then Realized That You Indeed Hated It
You knew you had to take that class. You just didn't want to. Whether the feeling against the class is because it's hard or boring, all that matters is that you are taking it and you don't want to take it. Well the first day rolls along, and it's time to start. You look around the room and see what seems to be a cool mix of people. Perhaps the professor has done something to the setup to make it more exciting. Maybe the professor just seems like a neat person. The class begins and...
It's boring/hard/awful/whatever you want to use to describe it sucky. This class is going to make this term drag on forever, isn't it? You don't even want to get started on the next class coming up:

3.The Class You Knew You Were Going To Hate Before You Took It... But Became One Of Your Most Intriguing Classes
Ugh. Not this class. You don't even like this subject. Why the hell are you taking it? Oh  right, major requirement. Dangit. At least you're getting it done with now, so you won't have to deal with this junk ever again. Unless you fail. Oh god, there is no way you'll be able to take this class twice, let alone the fact you haven't taken it once. Grumbling on your way to your seat, you look around and see all of the other people scowling about this class, also as a major requirement. Then class starts. As the class goes on, your polite interest transforms into an actual interest in what the professor is talking about. Wow, this is fascinating! What useful information! This class actually might be hard, but you actually care about what's being talked about. Isn't that what school is about? Now it's time to go onto your next class, which you are pumped for because it's:

2. The Class You Were Excited About... Then Grew To Despise.
When signing up for this class, you were hyped even by the name of the class. You've never known much about this subject before, and now you're going to learn everything you want to learn and more! Who wouldn't want to sign up for this class. Now you're sitting in your seat right before the class is about to start. Man, even the professor seems cool! Then the lecture starts...
...and you can't believe it. You already know all of this stuff. This is so stupid. Didn't you learn about this in grade school? Geez, and you've got ten more weeks of this junk. It could also be that the cool class turned out to be really freakin' hard. You were not prepared for this. You took this because it sounded the easiest out of the required classes, not for a challenge.
Finally we have:

1. The Class You Were Excited About... That Turned Out To Be Awesome.
This is a class to treasure. This is the class that you're going to be talking about forever, or at least like an annoying know-it-all about for the few weeks after. Awesome classes are sometimes the classes you take specifically for your major, but sometimes they're just a class you signed up for because it caught your eye on the course catalogue. Boy, weren't you a smartie to actually look through the course catalogue. This class might not even be an easy class. You might end up doing a lot of work for it, but do you care? No. You're so enveloped in the information, studying for this class is fun (if not sometimes stressful). Now if only every class was like this one.

Well that was fun! Goodness, I do enjoy lists. And if you want to read lists about ways your cellphone is screwing with your body and mind, or the basic things you won't believe you're all doing wrong, I suggest reading cracked. Seriously, it's addicting.

Currently I have one of each type of class: Writing 121 is a class I knew I wouldn't like, and it turns out I don't still. The reason? It should be an easy A, but it's not. The professor doesn't like the way I write. She's actually said that I'm a good writer, but... Ugh. Plus, I've already taken this junk.
Economics is #3 strangely enough. Truth be told, I'm probably going to get my lowest grade of the term in this class. However, the information is useful. I'm actually using what I learn. Despite not doing that great on quizzes, I actually understand the information. Ain't that a weird predicament! (I'm a good writer? Ha, oh dear...)
#2 is Exercise as Medicine. Going into the class, I was excited to learn about just what the title suggests, exercise as medicine. Unfortunately, it's boring and I don't care about what I'm learning. Well, I suppose I do care because it's good to know the 4 chambers of the heart and such. Oh the other hand, meh.
#1 is Journalism 201. Sorta. It's true that I enjoy this class, and that I'm doing well in this class. I'm also connecting things in my day to day life with this class. On the other hand, there's a class which I still consider my number one #1, and that was History of Fashion that I took last spring. I loved that class, and I still think about things I learned from that class today. I still want an Ionic Chiton from the Greek period. Currently, it's still my most enjoyed class that I have taken to date.

Wooh, that was a wordy post! Other than that, I've just been waiting on getting the last of my forms in for the study abroad application, typed up the last homework before Thanksgiving break, and now... typing this up. I've done a lot of typing today. I wish I had a typewriter. Maybe I could buy one someday... after I save up enough for study abroad. Then a camera if I earn enough money before I leave. Why must everything cost money? I'm going off on different tangents, meaning I should sign off for the night before I think of something else random to say.

What were your classes #4,#3,#2, and #1? Would you add anything else to the type of classes you take in school?

No comments:

Post a Comment