Friday, November 11, 2011

Make a Wish!

I think I was meant to live somewhere where it's sunny all of the time. I huddle next to a heater at even the slightest hint of cold weather, and it's not even that cold here. At least I don't live where it gets really cold. On the other hand, I really like Oregon so I shouldn't complain.

It's funny though, since I'm on the topic of cold weather to realize that we're already smack dab in the middle of November. Hm, maybe not quite smack dab, but you get the idea.
Part of the reason it seems weird is because the fall colors are seriously coming out right now. For example, today I was looking at the trees and thinking, "Wow, it sure is nice out there. Weird that it's getting so cold in the fall." Then I remembered... We're not in October. We're in November. Seem to keep forgetting that little fact. Seriously though, the fall colors are gorgeous right now. I even took a blurry picture while running because it looked cool.
...Well, at least I thought I did but it's nowhere to be found on my phone. That's what you get for taking pictures while you're still running. What, you don't do that?

I never really thought about it before, but November is actually a pretty swell month. There's the big event Thanksgiving (for the U.S. at least), but there's also a few little interesting holidays, both of my parents' birthdays, and the nearing of the end of the term. The last one is always a good deal.

One the fun little holidays that just so happens to be happening this year only? 11/11/11. Yes. I've been excited about this little holiday for awhile, just because it's a fun idea. The rest of the year, you're supposed to make wishes when you see the clock strike 11:11. Today, it makes the wishes an even bigger deal because of the date. There's a debate on which 11:11 you're supposed to make your wish on, the AM or PM one. Unfortunately, I was filling out an application at the time of the AM one, so I didn't see a clock! Sad life. I'll just have to wish extra hard when it comes to the PM one tonight.

Ridiculous holiday? Perhaps, but you gotta enjoy the little things in life.

Also, happy Veteran's Day! Thanks to all of the veterans out there.

Have you ever heard of 11/11? Did you make a wish?

1 comment:

  1. I TOTALLY wished at 11:11 on 11/11/11. It only seemed like the right thing to do.

    Also, I think the reason the cold is so unnerving right now is because it looks so very much like fall and not at all like winter where we are. That being said, I'm still running around in legwarmers CONSTANTLY.

    ReplyDelete