Monday, May 21, 2012

What We Should Call Me and Doodling

Um, what happened to the sun? Today there was what seemed like a freak rainstorm. It poured. I suppose it's fine, because then we'll be able to appreciate all of the beautiful sunny days that are to come in the summer. Plus, after the rainstorm it was the perfect temperature for a run.

When I was on my run, I definitely was having a "Really?" moment due to earlier events. Like this:

Do you like Gifs? Because I certainly do. I don't know why, but they're so entertaining. Especially if you've ever been to the website What We Should Call Me. It's pretty much situations in life mixed with a gifs that fits the situation. Should not be as entertaining as it is.

My thoughts are all mixed up. You'll have to bear with me.

The other main thing on my mind is drawing. When I was in high school, art was my thing. I hung out in the art room constantly, I took independent art (and did the most work out of everyone, thankyouverymuch), and I thought that I would be doing art all through college. My favorite type of art was comic art, and my style has definitely been influenced by anime. Nowadays, it's a bit different, but that's besides the point. The point is, I've hardly been doing any art since I started college.
However, lately the art bug has bit me. I'm finding old characters and missing on the art thing. I'm also really wanting to do some fan art.
Art was such a big part of my life. What happened?

Two things:
1. The Internet
2. Actually concentrating in class.

Before in high school, I drew because I wasn't paying attention. Now, I pay attention just so I can pass my classes. As for the Internet... it's just so distracting! I dunno.

For now, I'm liking this doodling thing.
And really, it's never really gone completely away. Every so often, I've started doodling but right now it's getting stronger. Hmm. We'll see where this goes.

What habits from high school pop up with you from time to time?

1 comment:

  1. Habits from high school? The one I wish I still had was eating animal crackers for breakfast. THAT was wonderfully delicious and totally nutritionally void.

    ReplyDelete