Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Weekend Return

Alright I'm back.

Things I was not expecting this weekend: Having absolutely no connection to the outside world. If I had thought about that, I wouldn't have brought my computer. I was without service as well, so when I say no connection to the outside world I really mean it.

This weekend  I spent my time out on a houseboat with family and friends. Honestly, I didn't know who was going to go until a hour before I was picked up.

As for the trip itself, there's not much to say. I laid out in the sun. I laid out on a floating island device attached to a houseboat in the sun. I entertained a little kid with animal noises. I caught a fish. That's about it.

One of the most shocking things happened to me, or so I thought. I didn't get burned! I always get a sunburn. This is what I thought until I finally took a shower and felt my scalp burnt to a crisp. Whoops.

A good, do-nothing trip. Yup.

Now it's Tuesday, my brain is all off schedule, and I'm back to deadlines looming over my head. Week Nine, here we go.

What did you do for Memorial Day Weekend?

1 comment:

  1. Houseboat weekend incommunicado. That sounds just lovely to me.

    We did two weddings and a bachelorette, so on Monday I was completely exhausted. Going back to work was kind of a relief, actually.

    ReplyDelete