Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Running Breaks

I've got a feeling that time is going to fly by until I get to my big project deadlines. Goodness, I'm not ready to deal with all of this. Hmm.

Due to the fact that I was on a houseboat, I wasn't able to do much running. When you're out on a boat, you can't really... run. You know?
I was able to run on Saturday because that was the day we got there. After a squabble with my mom about getting my run in, I managed to do it before I got on the boat. Sunday, I was on the lake with no escape. And Monday... I was either on a boat or in a car until 9:30pm. You know what that means? That means I went two days without running.

Sure, not running for two days isn't crazy for some people, but I haven't done that since December. Of 2010. So it's a little disappointing to admit that.

For now, I'm back on the running track. The mini half marathon my sister and I were planning kind of fell apart, but I've still been doing some pretty good running. One thing I'd like to do is the RW Runner's Streak I read about in Ann's blog. I'd do more than one mile for some of the runs, but I think this would be a fun thing to do!

Other than that, not much going on. Just trying to get done with this term!

When was the last time you took an unexpected break from running?

1 comment: