Friday, May 18, 2012

Burning a Hole in my Pocket

It's Friday, what? Keeping myself busy today! For the most part.

My internship that I've been doing is already half over, and we've only had three sessions! Despite being such a short amount of time, I've still been able to learn a few things. First of all, I've realized that I don't think I want to work with children when I grow up. Though all of my adult female relatives seem to think I'm good with kids, I've finally come to the realization that I'm not so great with kids. If I thought I was bad at holding a normal conversation, it's a zillion times worse when I'm trying to talk to kids. There are plenty of jobs without kids, and I don't think what I hope to have as a career does much with children.

The other main thing I've learned has to do with money. There are studies that talk about how when people get money that they are not used to getting, they tend to spend it more. I thought I was immune to this. Apparently I'm not.
No, it's not like I'm spending my whole paycheck as soon as I get it, I've simply been going out to eat much more. It also partially has to do with social settings though. If someone asks to go to lunch, I'm not very likely to say no. I've gone out to eat five times this month. That's ridiculous! I should be saving my money for big goals coming up! Strangely enough, I actually haven't spend more than the last few months though. I've spent less. Still 13 days left of the month though.

In other news, I just haven't wanted to deal with things in life lately. Like big things I need to do. If I ignore them, maybe they'll go away?... *Sigh* Nope. Got to get my rear into gear. Four more weeks of school. Four more weeks until I need a job. Oh dear.

What's your first splurge when you get money? As you can see, mine is eating out.

No comments:

Post a Comment