Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Food Logs and Recipe Skipping

It seems that every topic in my life lately has revolved around food. Let's talk about it shall we?

Running with extra weight is tough. How do I know this? Well, I'm about five pounds heavier than my lightest weight has been for the past year. Yes, I've finally gotten to a scale that works correctly to see that I've gone up. It's actually only a pound heavier than my beginning college weight, so it's not the craziest thing in the world. Do I know why I gained weight? Absolutely. Sometimes people think it's a one time event, but I can see the mistakes made over time.
The weirdest thing is that there are times during the day I look at myself and think, "I look good." Even at a higher weight. Then during the same day I'll have thoughts of "I look like a blob and ugly and GAH." Does anyone else have thoughts like this? As in, do their body image thoughts change in the span of a day sometimes? Or is that just me?

The main point is that I need to cut down on the junk and stop eating so much in general. I know I'm eating more junk than needed, and more food than needed in general. A problem that I tend to see with people who gain a large amount of weight is that they don't see what's going on. They might know and just avoid it, but they don't see it whatever the case may be. I see it. And I'm going to do something about it.
Which makes the timing of my next assignment for Human Physiology strangely perfect. I have to track my food for three days for class. Yup. Another one of these. I've had to do these for classes before, and it always makes me try to eat healthier. I know that health teacher is judging me. I can feel it. Alright, maybe she's not judging me, but maybe she'll think better of me if my diet is good. Because she really cares about what a college student does with their life.

Finally, yesterday was Chocolate Chip Cookie Day! Did you know? Because I did not before yesterday, but someone posted about it on Facebook. Cookies obviously had to happen.

I've made plenty of chocolate chip cookies before. I've been told I'm quite skilled at it. This was just another batch right? Well, not exactly. This time, I went SANS RECIPE. I know. Madness.

I tried it. I mixed things in when it seemed like there wasn't enough of an ingredient. I baked some testers. The result? A pretty buttery cookie, quite chewy, could use a teeny bit more sugar cookie. Decent in my opinion. Then again, I never know how to judge my own cooking. Sister dear, if you're reading this I'm going to ask you if you want some cookies. I have a bajillion, and as said before I need to work on my quantity of eating. Ayup.

On a random end note, I need my tweezers bad and I can't find them. My eyebrows are ridiculous.

What recipes do you feel confident about doing sans recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment