Friday, May 4, 2012

Running Confessions

My blogging for the start of May is off to a bit of a rough start, ain't it? Oh well. I've been busy! Pretty much yesterday I was going from 8:30 AM to 1:30AM today. Yup. It was a hectic day.
You know what though? I had an awesome day yesterday, which ended with going on an epic Jeep ride that simulated the Indiana Jones ride. I think if anything made yesterday great, it was that.

Seeing that yesterday was such a hectic day, I had some trouble fitting certain things in. Things that make me a disgusting human being. For you see, I went on a run yesterday. Then right after, I went to an event. With no time to shower in between. Yes, that means I went to something in all of my running funk glory, and it was the second time this week. You are allowed to judge my nasty self.

Despite being gross, I do manage to tidy myself up a bit if I have no time to shower. I dab off the sweat, I change, and I spritz myself with some of my perfume. Yes, the people around me get to enjoy the smell of crisp green apples and sweat.
Actually, when I let sweat linger on me, I smell like chlorine. It's weird.

The thing is, I would rather be gross than not get in my runs at all. I feel great when I'm able to get my runs in, and I always make sure I get them in no matter what. I give myself some leeway if I know my schedule isn't going to work on certain days, but that usually means going on that run the next day or the day before if it doesn't fit on a specific day.

However with all of that said, I do make sure to shower after every run. I try to give myself a big enough time period for running and showering, but sometimes schedules get a little hectic. What can you do?

Good things going on in life! Found out I only missed four questions on one of my midterms on Wednesday, giving me a 93% Hell yeah! Plus, I got twenty bucks for participating in a study testing my proprioceptors. Participating in studies is a super easy way to get easy money by the way.
I need to go to the bank. Yes, I'm just throwing out random thoughts now.

Excited about tomorrow! Volunteering, afternoon brunching, and fiestas. Delightful.

Fess up! Do you have any gross running habits? They're probably not as gross as me, I know.

1 comment:

  1. Fact: During the week, I never shower after my run. I just wipe off, spray down and brush my hair out/fix my make-up. It's just the way things are. Unless I tell someone, no one has ever noticed.

    ReplyDelete