Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Looking the Part

Currently, I am not in the position to be looking for a career. I am still looking for just jobs. After I graduate though, I'm going to go into the delightful process of looking for careers. All I have to say about that is I feel sorry for my sister who is about to graduate, but that's not what I'm going to talk about. The whole point of this is that because of this, I don't need many outfits that you would call "professional". My closet consists of sundresses, sundresses, and more sundresses. Sundresses are not what you would call work attire.
As I went to a thing that I needed "business attire" for today, I got to thinking about in the future. When I do (hopefully) get a career started, I'm going to need business clothes for more than just one day. I wondered, "Well how's that going to work?"

Seriously, how does it work? Am I just going to go shopping one day and buy all of my outfits for a week? Then, repeat said outfits everyday for the rest of my life? I don't know. I haven't gotten to the real world yet.

Sure, I know that there are jobs that don't require you to dress in business attire, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to dress that way. What's proper business attire anyways these days? What's proper to wear to work?

I was also thinking about what I'll wear the rest of the time when I have a career. Will I wear the type of clothes I wear now? They might look a bit young. Or will I go into the comfy clothes phase? I really don't like wearing "comfy" clothes out in public. I feel sloppy, and that makes me feel gross. I dunno.

Speaking of my "business" attire, here's my business-y dress. Yup.

How did your clothes change once you got a career/job? What do you wear the rest of the time?

1 comment: