Sunday, April 29, 2012

Congrats to You, Now What?


I'm  in a bad mood. (Yes, that's what you start a blog post with to get people to read it.) But it's true. Little things have been piling up to bother me, but they shouldn't put me in such a funk. Besides, there have been some pretty positive things in my life lately too, but the the bad outweigh the good. In my mind anyway. Plus, I'm avoiding everything. I distract myself, and I just don't want to face things that are important to focus on. I have two midterms on Wednesday, both that seem like they're going to be tough. I thought I did well on my last midterm, but it turns out I did kind of lousy. (Not failing or anything, but nothing to write home about.) I'm just frustrated with myself. I think part of the reason I'm really avoiding work is because I'm just not interested in any of it. Still, it's crappy and I'm just disappointed with myself.

Good lord, no one needs to read that. I just needed to get it off of my chest.

One of the big things happening in my life right now is actually something that is happening in my sister's life right now. She currently has only seven weeks of college left. By that, I mean that after that she's graduating. I know how crazy that seems to me, I can only imagine how crazy that seems to her.

With that I wonder: What type of advice do you give to someone who's graduating, especially if you have never had experience with something like that yourself?


For one thing, we all know of those hypocritical people who constantly give out advice on a subject they have no experience with. Like the person who has weight problems telling you how to diet, or the eternal bachelor giving relationship advice. No one listens to that advice fully because no one can take it seriously.

I suppose all I truly can say is good luck to her and congrats for finishing. Hell, I'm having trouble and I'm in my second year only. Good on ya.

I have not been appreciating this sun today. Goodness gracious. At least I appreciated the nice weather yesterday.

What advice would you give a family member just graduating college?

1 comment:

  1. My advice to her: Be Patient With Yourself. It's like you spend all of this time working up to ending college and then it's like...?

    ReplyDelete