Monday, April 2, 2012

And We're Back

Well I'm back.

It feels a little weird that I haven't posted in more than a week. I did have a computer available during my vacation, but what was I going to write about? "Today I sat in the sun again. It was nice"? Yeah, no.

As for my vacation, it was lovely. I got a sunburn per usual, the same place I always get it. Every time. I don't really have a whole lot to say other than it was a lot of laying out in the sun. Did some reading. Drank some mimosas. I wish mimosas were acceptable during the rest of the day. Funny... an alcoholic beverage that's only supposed to be had in the morning. Bizarre. Only on vacation, eh?

I did happen to go fishing one of the days, and that was entertaining. I had heard all of these horror stories about getting sick on the boat. "Oh, when all of the girls went that one year, they were all sick the whole day." Ack! However, I didn't get sick, I got sleepy. The choppy water rocks you to sleep, along with the nice warm sun.

Running-wise, I ran every day I was over there except the day we left (No time). I ran WAY shorter distances though, and ran every run on the treadmill except one on the beach. The only reason I didn't run outside was due to safety worries my group had. Eh.
Even though the beach run was probably less than a mile, I felt powerful. Sand+Running at a diagonal= extremely difficult. It was a "Yeah, I'm a runner" moment. Even for less than a mile.

Only one crappy thing really happened, and that was my ipod getting ruined. A wave came really high on the shore and we tried to save everything... Nope. It didn't get swept out to sea like my mom's expensive sunscreen (it's a good kind for sensitive skin), but it got some of that salt water. Now it won't turn on. Bah. No more music for me then.
My flight home was meant to leave Mexico by 3:00pm on Saturday, but that never seems to happen. The actual departure time? 8:30pm. We got home at 3:30am. Yeah. Oof.
I'll be honest, I didn't have a lot of veggies on vacation. The most I probably got were from guacamole and salsa. The fruit I got was maybe from juice in drinks. Goodness.

What do we do when we get back? We recoup. Even though today was more like a lazy day before vacation ends, I still had the first day of classes today for spring term. Geology- terrifying. The professor basically told us every possible form of failure, and how you're probably going to do awful. Theatre History- Should be interesting. The project for the class sounds cool.

You may be able to tell, but I'm still adjusting back to normal. I hope that I'll be in productive swing by tomorrow!

How was your last week? Was it delightful?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you had a great vacation - being able to relax and enjoy is so key. I've never done a beach run before - tres jealous!

    That being said, it's a bummer that the iPod got ruined and your flight got delayed!

    ReplyDelete