Monday, April 23, 2012

Summer Weather and Pushing Yourself

Oregonians have been freaking out for the past few days. Y'see, it's been sunny. Really sunny. The last few days have felt like days that are usually reserved for the month of July.

Though it's shocking, it's a fantastic thing. Everyone is loving the gorgeous weather, including me. I'm extremely tempted to clear my closet out of all of my winter clothes, but there's that possibility of being hit with terrible weather again.

For now, we enjoy the sun.

I did a boot camp class today and it kicked my ass. Wooh. It was focused on strength, one of my biggest weaknesses. I have no idea how anyone is able to do push ups  then lift a dumbbell to their chest. Even doing the pansy push ups on my knees it was difficult for me to lift them up.

One thing that stuck out to me during the workout was something the instructor said. She exclaimed, "You're doing this for you! Push yourself because you know you can do it!"

How true, huh? No one else is going to care how much you push yourself. The only one who cares about what you do for your body is you. Sure, if you have health problems others might care about what you do to your body because they don't want to lose you, but as far as getting toned? You have to push yourself.

Oh man, I need to clean. I have a pile of clean laundry that needs to be put away, but it has not happened. Once I do that, maybe I'll start on packing away the winter clothes.

What kind of weather have you been experiencing lately? Happy about it, or grumpy?

1 comment:

  1. This weekend was outright chilly, but today it was mid-70's and totally clear. I had a fantastically sweaty run and then I read on the deck to do a bit more "focused" sunning. It was just perfect.

    ReplyDelete